Monday, September 6, 2010

Being Right, kind of sucks.

Most of you know my unique situation, and if you read the previous blog you know I owned up to my part of my condition - my part, being all of it. Anyway, the other half the situation and I are well, taking a break. At least that's what I thought.

Taking a break to me, well I had hoped he would try to convince me that he was either going to change, or that he loves me, like he says. Or make SOME effort to keep in touch. I mean I am carrying his child. But no, my predictions came true.

He went right back to where I thought he would, and doing what I suspect he's doing. Not more than one phone call to retrieve his things and ten minutes here while getting his things. I'm sad, but at the same time, it makes my decision a lot easier to stick too. With no fight, no guilt, no, well anything, I can't really argue with my actions at all. I guess it is for the better.

I just feel like I'm always the one breaking things off, and well, it still hurts, it's still not any fun. But it makes it worse when the other person rolls over and says "Okay" I guess it wasn't much to them either.

Here I am, sitting at my computer. More confident in my decision to stay single. Focusing on the important relationships in my lives and working on having healthier friendships, with healthier people.

My kids are a wonderful distraction, and watching them grow and mature, and prove me wrong, it's a joy and a blessing, and a challenge every day. It makes it so much more plausible to leave another extra person out of my life. I hardly have enough time in a week to do what I want to do.

I'm getting Tattem involved in some of my hobbies, as she is finally old enough to do so. Tonight we are going to learn how to use a sewing machine. Tristin is going to have full days with JUST MOM time and I'm so excited about that. We are going to bake cookies and play games and do all of these great activities I was given to do with him. It will be great for our relationship. And all this while Tattem embarks on a whole new phase of life, School...

It's crazy to think that 5 years have passed since I held her in my arms for the first time, and thinking about it now will get me all teary eyed. She is an amazing individual, beautiful inside and out. I'm excited to see how she turns out, and to be a part of it.



So even if I started in a negative tone, as much of my thoughts usually end with my kids, it is always a positive ending.

No comments:

Post a Comment